Re: jbuilder and timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: jbuilder and timestamps
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
What version of the driver are you using?  I would suggest trying the
7.3beta3 driver as there have been some fixes in timestamp handling
since 7.2.  You can get the latest driver from http://jdbc.postgresql.org

You really haven't provided enough information about the problem.  What
you are reporting seems like the correct behavior.  You have a value
stored in the database of 2002-09-19 00:00:00-05 (or 2002-09-19
05:00:00-00) and you are displaying that value in an application where
the timezone setting is -06, thus you end up seeing 2002-09-18
23:00:00-06 (of course your app is using a display format that doesn't
include the timezone so you really only see 2002-09-18 23:00:00)

So it seems to me that everything is behaving correctly.

thanks,
--Barry