Re: Is is worth organising a - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Is is worth organising a
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 1 Nov 2002 at 8:17, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

> Le Vendredi 1 Novembre 2002 07:59, Shridhar Daithankar a écrit :
> Good
>
> Reading it again, I think we need links to using postgresql in office
> applications for example with odbc links to staroffice or better openoffice.
>
> One application that is often considered missing in the office space is a
> equivalent to M$ Access.
>
> For me the combinaison; OOo + Pgsql offers many of the desired features
> (included a true DB backend that M$ Access lacks)
>
> Having a aplication used by office users can rapidly leads to a large adoption

Agreed. I have a linux box here and my workstation is XP. Will give it a shot
and come out with step by step guide to get things done. I am not sure I will
be able to do that for unixODBC, at least for the moment.

 Will keep you guys posted.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
It would be illogical to assume that all conditions remain stable.        -- Spock,
"The Enterprise" Incident", stardate 5027.3