Re: checksum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Helgason
Subject Re: checksum
Date
Re: checksum  (Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
>   I was wondering if PGSQL has a function similar to binary_checksum()
> of
> MS SQL Server 2000. It is pretty handy when it comes to compare rows of
> data instead of having to write long boolean expressions.
> binary_checksum() takes a list of fields and it returns an integer
> value
> which sumarize the row content.

On a similar note, I've found myself wanting an extended '=' operator
meaning
    (a = b or (a is null and b is null))

same goal of course, for more general comparisons...

d.
--
David Helgason,
Business Development et al.,