Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 Oct 2002 at 17:08, Savita wrote:

> Yes I understand that the psql is the command is to verify that the server is
> started properly.

Well, it's certainly more than that. e.g. try HTML output mode in it..;-)

> But what I wanted is that  insdeed of using  psql command in command prompt is
> there any other way to connect to postgre.because basically the pupose of making
> postgre as a service is to avoid the use of command prompt.

Use tora. I just downloaded the latest alpha version, set the network
authentication to password and bingo.. You are in..;-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY:    #32: You call your
answering service and they've never heard of you.