Re: Speed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Rodger Haynes
Subject Re: Speed
Date
List pgadmin-support
I don't know how big your database is, but I have one with 23 tables of
varying sizes, the largest of which is 25,000 records. Each step in the
hierarchy, ie open connection, open database, open table, takes about 2
seconds. My server is a Dell P3 600mz  and my client  is a Dell P3
400mz. I use the same pgAdmin, but Postgres 7.2.1. Are you running any
other protocols besides tcp/ip?