Re: multi-database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: multi-database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27 Sep 2002 at 10:34, mourad_dhambri wrote:

> what I want is to delete data from another database db2 and to insert data from my database db1 to db2.
> I don't think that dblink can do so. Is there another way ?

Why not? Just create a view for table(s) in db1 in db2. And do following on db2

delete from table1;insert into table1 select * from remoteview;

dblink documentation has example as how to create such a remote view..

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Captain Penny's Law:    You can fool all of the people some of the time, and    some
of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.