Re: Aggregate of blocks written to a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Aggregate of blocks written to a database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24 Sep 2002 at 13:25, Tim Knowles wrote:
> I'm trying to profile the performance/usage of my PostgreSQL system and I'm
> wondering if their is an easy way to find out the numbers of blocks being
> received (inserts/updates) by the postmaster for each database.  I've
> written a view which generates this info using the table based pg_stat
> functions e.g. pg_stat_get_tuples_inserted,  but I was hoping their may be
> an easier way.  Any pointers greatly appreciated.

That's already done in PG metadata in view pg_stat_qll_tables. Check PG
metadata documentation. There are lot of things that one can discover in
there..

 HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
fenderberg, n.:    The large glacial deposits that form on the insides    of car
fenders during snowstorms.        -- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends