Postgresql Automatic vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Postgresql Automatic vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello All,

I have written a small daemon that can automatically vacuum PostgreSQL
database, depending upon activity per table.

It sits on top of postgres statistics collector. The postgres installation
should have per row statistics collection enabled.

Features are,

* Vacuuming based on activity on the table
* Per table vacuum. So only heavily updated tables are vacuumed.
* multiple databases supported
* Performs 'vacuum analyze' only, so it will not block the database

The project location is
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgavd/projdisplay.php

Let me know for bugs/improvements and comments..

I am sure real world postgres installations has some sort of scripts doing
similar thing. This is an attempt to provide a generic interface to periodic
vacuum.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
The Abrams' Principle:    The shortest distance between two points is off the
wall.