Re: Having no luck with getting pgbench to run multipletimes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Having no luck with getting pgbench to run multipletimes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Greg,

That's cool.  Played with it for a while longer, then found out that the
order that it was being called in didn't work very well as the select()
was executed after all the required sockets had been closed/ended.

So, it just meant a re-ordering of things, and it's now working alright.

Am just "fine tuning" this util, and it's looking to be pretty nifty.
It automatically tunes local or remote PostgreSQL databases (currently
it's limited to the shared_buffers, sort_mem, and vacuum_mem
variables).  But it's a start.  :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Greg Copeland wrote:

> Well, you'll probably want to pass in a valid timeval structure if you
> don't want it to block.
>
> Basically, that snippet tells select on the list of sockets, looking for
> sockets that have data to be read while waiting forever.  That means it
> will block until something appears on one of the sockets your
> monitoring.
>
> Greg

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi