Re: killing process question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: killing process question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19 Sep 2002 at 11:49, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> writes:
> > I guess a backend should terminate as if connection is closed. What say?
>
> No.
>
> It will terminate when it tries to read the next query from the client.

OK. But what if it never reads anything? I mean if the client dies after a
complete transaction i.e. no input pending for either back end or client, will
it just sit around waiting for select to signal that fd?(AFAIU, that's how
things goes in there..)

Clearly we have a case where backend is hung persumably. Either it has to have
an explanation(OK client did aborted abruptly) and/or a possible corrective
action..

Just some thoughts..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
QOTD:    "I won't say he's untruthful, but his wife has to call the    dog for
dinner."