Re: Memory Errors... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Memory Errors...
Date
List pgsql-general
I had a similar problem a while ago, and suggested a patch for it, but they did not like it,
because it wasn't 'systematic enough' (whatever that means :-)

Here is my original message with the description of the problem I had and a patch I made to fix it.
Take a look, if the description looks anything like what you are doing, you might want to try applying that
patch (which is pretty straightforward really), and seeing if it helps. I am not sure if it will, but can guarantee, it
will not make things worse :-)

I hope it helps...

Dima.

------ Here is that old post ---------

Ok, this sit around for a while, and, because there was no responses, I assume, that nothing jumps out
at you as being terribly with my logic...
Here is the patch (see the original problem description in the bottom)... It seems to be working (at least that query,
that used to be running out of memory is now able to finish).

*** nodeIndexscan.c.orig        Fri Apr 19 10:29:57 2002
--- nodeIndexscan.c     Fri Apr 19 10:30:00 2002
***************
*** 505,510 ****
--- 505,514 ----
          */
         ExecClearTuple(scanstate->cstate.cs_ResultTupleSlot);
         ExecClearTuple(scanstate->css_ScanTupleSlot);
+       pfree(scanstate);
+       pfree(indexstate->iss_RelationDescs);
+       pfree(indexstate->iss_ScanDescs);
+       pfree(indexstate);
   }

I hope, it helps....

Dima