Re: Connections/Statements/ResultSets (Was: Re: Pooling - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From João Paulo Caldas Ribeiro
Subject Re: Connections/Statements/ResultSets (Was: Re: Pooling
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
This is what i found in the specs of the JDBC 3.0 (
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#corespec30)

10.1 Transaction Boundaries and Auto-commit
For Insert, Update, Delete, and DDL statements, the statement is
complete as soon
as it has finished executing.
For Select statements, the statement is complete when the associated
result set is
closed. The result set is closed as soon as one of the following occurs:
- all of the rows have been retrieved
- the associated Statement object is re-executed
- another Statement object is executed on the same connection

Looks like last phrase say that i can't have more than one resultSet per
connection  at time.
I known that this is not the case with the PostgreSql JDBC driver ( i
made some testes :) ).

This is a feature of  the PostgreSql JDBC driver?

Regards.
JP