Re: Open 7.3 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Open 7.3 issues
Date
Re: Open 7.3 issues  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>     Point-in-time recovery - ready for 7.3?
>
> This seems very unlikely now.  Status?

It would be a shame to have to wait for 7.4 for this one.

>     glibc and mktime() - fix?
>
> I can do the work on this I need more info and no one seems to be
> conerned.

I'm concerned, but in the few moments I've had to play with this, what
looked like the obvious fix didn't seem to work (I was hacking on glibc
itself though).

>     Allow PL/PgSQL functions to return sets
>
> Is anyone working on this?  We will get beaten up if we don't have this
> for 7.3 and it is available in other languages.

I saw Neil's response. I'll jump in to help if he needs any.

>     Fix bytea to not encode input string
>
> Not sure we can do these.

As I said, it isn't clear to me how this can be fixed without a fe/be
protocol change. But if someone can point me in the direction of a
viable fix for 7.3, I'll dive in.

Joe