Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Added to TODO:
>
>         o Improve PL/PgSQL exception handling

Exception handling? You're talking about nested transaction support and
catchable errors in the first place, and then (a year later) making use
of that functionality in the procedural languages, right?

>         o Allow PL/PgSQL parameters to be specified by name and type during
>           definition
>         o Allow PL/PgSQL function parameters to be passed by name,
>           get_employee_salary(emp_id => 12345, tax_year => 2001)

CREATE FUNCTION is in no way PL/pgSQL specific. PL/pgSQL simply works
around that lack with the ALIAS syntax in the DECLARE section.

>         o Add PL/PgSQL packages

This really is a 100% PL/PgSQL problem.

Jan