Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> I guess what he meant was that you were arguing for arguments sake (mine
> is better than yours! Yes it is! Yes it is! ...)

That's the dictionary definition of the phrase.

> and not to get to some
> solution,

and that's the source of the frustration.  I only re-subscribed to the
list because we at OpenACS had examined PG's OO extensions quite
thoroughly before rejecting the current implementation as being not
useful for our work, and I thought our reasoning might be of interest.

> dismissing perfectly good arguments with a simple"not true"
> statements and suggesting people to read heavy books with the claim that
> the truth is somewhere in there ;)

and that's what's I mean when I say he's been arguing from authority.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR