problem with my insert - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Zouroudis
Subject problem with my insert
Date
List pgsql-admin
thank you for answering my question.  it didn't work quite as expected
though.  the insert statement just doesn't want to work.  what i ended
up doing is using a select into statement to assign variables to both
ids', like this;

select currval (''mom_mom_id_seq'') into x;

select currval (''dad_dad_id_seq'')into y;

raise notice  ''last value  of mom_id  %'' x;

raise notice  ''last value of dad_id   %'' y;

this returns a value for both x and y.  when an insert statement is
added though;

insert into mom_dad(mom_id, dad_id) values (x, y);

 i get an error message that says there is a parse error at
or near $1.  i suppose the argurment causing the error is the insert,
since this message does not come up when i comment it out.  if i'm doing
something wrong, i don't know what.  please help.

thanks again in advance,

mike zouroudis

--
Mike Zouroudis

Intern

I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation - Orlando Office

http://www.idealcorp.com - 407.999.9870 x14