Re: running psql in a cron job - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ignacio Coloma
Subject Re: running psql in a cron job
Date
Re: running psql in a cron job  ("Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu>)
List pgsql-sql
Maybe I'm a bit lost: if cron is executed as root, then su <user> -c
'command' would work without providing the password?

I mean, putting the password plain text anywhere doesn't seem that nice
idea imho