Re: Did someone break CVS? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Did someone break CVS?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >> I think it's that XLog stuff:
> Are you not building with --enable-cassert, perhaps?  The fault seems to
> be due to "Assert(strlen(XLogDir) > 0)".  Also, there is still an extern
> for XLogDir in access/xlog.h, which is bogus if it's going to be static.

I've updated xlog.h and xlog.c to fix the problem.

I've removed the arbitrary upper limit on the allowed size of the
directory path at the same time, though it was a reasonably large limit
so would not likely be a problem in practice.

Sometimes I compile with assert checking on, and sometimes not; didn't
check this one both ways.
                  - Thomas