Re: Trimming the Fat: Getting code via CVSup ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Trimming the Fat: Getting code via CVSup ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Try now ... the download isn't going to work right though, as CVSup
> doesn't honor the modules file in CVSROOT which defines how 'pgsql' is
> *supposed* to work ... I'm going to work on this later tonight and see if
> I can find something in the docs that will allow it to work properly, but
> right now, other then gettin gat the sub-modules themselves, CVSup is
> broken ... anon-cvs will fair you better ...

Goodness no! CVSup will work just fine, you just need to make sure that
the modules "package" is available to be downloaded too. So the
client-side CVSup configuration file will change a bit, but nothing else
needs to worry.

This should not stay broken for more than a few hours, otherwise we
should revert the changes until we've worked out more details.

It may be that the server-side CVSup can be configured to include both
packages, but I would guess not since CVS organizes modules above (or
beside) all packages, rather than underneath any of them.
                      - Thomas