Re: problem with plpgsql trigger function: parse error near "" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: problem with plpgsql trigger function: parse error near ""
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Yudie@axiontech.com" wrote:

> I just tried the trigger function from:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-trigger.html
> (You can read the sql command on the bottom of this message.)

There have been issues with carriage-returns in PL/pgSQL. If you
cut'n'pasted that from the HTML into some file or directly into a psql
prompt, you likely got bitten by that.

Try to put the content into a file and make sure that is only has
linefeeds.
   vi   <cut'n'paste>   :set notextmode   :wr filename   :q   psql dbname <filename

Jan