Re: Fortran functions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Fortran functions?
Date
List pgsql-general
> My cross-language linking skills are lacking.

Once you get into it you'll be OK. C wrappers are necessary to convert
all "by value" results to "by reference" for Fortran, and you'll likely
need to do that anyway to get past the user-defined-function calling
parameter list.

In the past (and maybe now) there may be reversed order of arguments on
the stack and may be some name mangling from Fortran (I've seen
underscores added to the front of parameters for the linker).

It's been years since I've glued Fortran to C, but it is definitely
possible. And it should be smoother than back when I was doing it...

                  - Thomas