Re: bytea on windows perl client - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: bytea on windows perl client
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
James Orr wrote:

>>>This is the escaped output form of bytea. It seems that on linux the
>>>perl script is either using a binary cursor, or automagically
>>>unescaping the output, while on windows it isn't. I'm not sure why that
>>>would happen, but hopefully one of the perl gurus hanging around will
>>>chime in.
>>>
>>>Joe
>>
>>James,
>>
>>This may be a long shot, but try to binmode your output stream:
>>
>>Let us know how it works.
>

> I did this ...
>
> print "Content-type: image/png\n\n";
> binmode STDOUT;
> print $image;
>
> Didn't work.

Does perl (or one of the available libraries) have a function like PHP's
stripcslashes()? See:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stripcslashes.php

If so, you should be able to do something like:

print "Content-type: image/png\n\n";
print stripcslashes($image);

HTH,

Joe