Re: implementing query timeout - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: implementing query timeout
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Jan Wieck wrote:

> > Statements is everything. DDL- and DML-statements. Query is IMHO synonym
> > for DML-statement. So query_timeout is the right term.
>
> But the timeout is for any statement, not just SELECT/UPDATE, etc, so it
> sounds like you are voting for 'statement'.

No, I am voting for 'query'. I don't see the point in allowing a
timeout for utility statements. Why would someone want a timeout
on CREATE INDEX, COPY or VACUUM? Allowing that would IMHO be
calling for more trouble than necessary.

Jan

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me.                                  #
JanWieck@Yahoo.com #