Re: Table Function API doc patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Table Function API doc patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Are table functions going to make it into pl/pgsql fro 7.3?  I recall there
> was a discussion of the syntax, but was any decision made upon a final
> syntax?

Well, it's still on my list. Sorry I never responded to your question
the other day about peoples' queues, but mine looks like:

1. contrib/tablefunc -- some examples of usage of the Table Function
    API. Per previous deiscussions, this will include some form of
    (probably renamed) show_all_vars(), as well one or two others. This
    is pretty far along already.
2. other GUC related change discussed here:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-06/msg00229.php
    Still lots to do yet here.
3. PL/pgSQL support for Table Functions -- syntax and other details are
    yet to be discussed in any real detail.
4. Changes to contrib/dblink to make use of the Table Function API, and
    support for cursors.

I'm not sure that this will all get done in time for 7.3 or not, but I
will for sure try.

Joe