Re: Selecting data from a table created in another database... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rudi Starcevic
Subject Re: Selecting data from a table created in another database...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Ligia,

When I need to do this I use a scripting language like PHP, Perl or
ColdFusion to
select from one db and insert into another.
As a matter of fact I had to do this exercise just yesturday.
I like it as I find I have much more freedom to gather data, organise it
then insert it.
It's easy to view the output of your selects on the screen and when
happy do the insert(s).

Hope this helps.
Regards
Rudi Starcevic.