Re: Suggestions for implementing IS DISTINCT FROM? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Suggestions for implementing IS DISTINCT FROM?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I'm looking at implementing IS DISTINCT FROM, among other things.
> > I was thinking to implement this by simply expanding these rules within
> > gram.y to be a tree of comparison tests.
> Please, please, do not do that.  Make a new expression node tree type,
> instead.  We've made this mistake before (eg for BETWEEN) and I don't
> want to do it again.

Uh, sure. If you don't quote out of context I think it is pretty clear
that I was looking for a helpful suggestion to do just that. Thanks,
I'll proceed with the assurance that you won't object to *that* too ;)
                - Thomas