Re: ecpg and bison again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: ecpg and bison again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
A couple of notes:

> Then, update *only* the ecpg source directory to the branch:
> cd pgsql/src/interfaces
> cvs update -r ecpg_big_bison ecpg

cvs will respect any changes you have made to the sources in your
directory and the changes will be preserved in the move to the branch.

Here is what the update looks like on my machine:

myst$ cvs update -r ecpg_big_bison ecpg
cvs update: Updating ecpg
cvs update: Updating ecpg/include
cvs update: Updating ecpg/lib
? ecpg/lib/libecpg.so.3.2.0
? ecpg/lib/libecpg.so.3.3.0
? ecpg/lib/libecpg.so.3.4.0
cvs update: Updating ecpg/preproc
? ecpg/preproc/ecpg
cvs update: Updating ecpg/test

If you want to check on the branch status of a particular file use the
"status" command. For example, checking on ecpg/Makefile looks like:

myst$ cvs status ecpg/Makefile
File: Makefile             Status: Up-to-date
  Working revision:    1.14    Mon Feb  4 15:37:13 2002  Repository revision:    1.14
/home/thomas/cvs/repository/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/Makefile,v  Sticky Tag:        ecpg_big_bison (branch: 1.14.4)
StickyDate:        (none)  Sticky Options:    (none)

(I'm using cvsup so the repository path is local to my machine in this
example.)
                    - Thomas