Re: computer for todo list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: computer for todo list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> hi all. i want to begin contributing work to stuff on the todo list. i have
> worked on suns for a long time.

I have a dual processor 180MHz Pentium Pro which is adequate for
building and testing PostgreSQL, though I find I use my newer laptop
more often nowadays. I'd expect that any machine substantially better
than that would be sufficient. I have a preference for dual processor
machines, and you might find one of those even at the lower price range.

You'll be pleasantly suprised at how good a Linux or FreeBSD (or some
other similar) machine will be for you, given your background with
Solaris. There are lots of functional similarities and good performance.
                - Thomas