Re: SetQuerySnapshot, once again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: SetQuerySnapshot, once again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
>
> > I already mentioned an opinion in 2001/09/08.
> >   Both the command counters and the snapshots in a
> >   function should advance except the leading SELECT
> >   statements.
>
> I do not like the idea of treating the first select in a function
> differently from the rest.  And such a rule wouldn't let you build
> guaranteed-stable functions anyway;

AFAIK there has been no analysis where we can get *stable*
functions. As far as I see, we can expect SELECT-only functions
to be *stable* if and only if they are surrounded by SELECT-only
*stable* functions.

regards,
Hiroshi Inouehttp://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/