Re: SRF rescan testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Valentine Zaretsky
Subject Re: SRF rescan testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>3. PL/pgSQL support for returning sets -- this seems to me like an
>>important item if SRFs are to be useful to the masses. Any pointers on
>>how to approach this would be appreciated.
>>

>Does Oracle's pl/sql support this?  If so what does it look like?

Oracle supports "pipelined functions". These functions use operator
PIPE(set%rowtype)  to return a row.
Syntax for queries using pipelined functions:

SELECT f1,f2,... FROM TABLE(func(p1,p2, ...));

It seems that the most important thing to implement for PL/pgSQL
functions returning sets is restoring of the function execution state in
the next call

WBR, Valentine Zaretsky