Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 18 Aug 2021, at 15:49, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 18 Aug 2021, at 15:46, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> It's going to become much harder to change pg_amcheck's user-visible
>>> behavior once it's shipped in a release.  Better to fix it now while
>>> there are not backwards-compatibility concerns.
>>
>> +<several>. Let's just get it done now. I doubt many people have had
>> the time to integrate it into their scripts and such yet, and since
>> it's a beta...
>
> Since there is consensus for removing --quiet, I’ll propose a patch in a bit
> for removing it and fixing up the tests.

Turns I was a bit undercaffeinated when skimming the tests, it really wasn’t
that invasive.  The attached diff removes --quiet and fixes up the tests and
docs to match.  Anyone who wants to keep --quiet should..  ehm, not keep quiet.

Attachment