Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:> It seems to me that it'd be really practical to just take what we> need out of this distribution and
forgoall dependency on> system-provided timezone databases.  And, since there's a mailing> list maintaining it, we
couldexpect someone else to handle updates> ;-) ... we'd just have to be careful to use the database files> unmodified,
sothat we could drop in new releases from time to time.>> Comments?  Anyone want to do the legwork?>

I don't understand precisely what need to be done, but I'll give it a
shot if you get me pointed in the right direction.

<downloads and looks at code>
I see that tzcode2002c.tar.gz includes a mktime() function. Is the idea
to pull this out (with just whatever support it needs), incorporate it
into PostgreSQL source (perhaps in a new src/backend/utils/tz directory)
and use this in place of the system provided mktime()?

Joe