Problem: upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 ( database encode with ENC_TW) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Gordon Luk
Subject Problem: upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 ( database encode with ENC_TW)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

Problem as my letter subject, my upgrade procedure also just follow the
simple.

1. compile 7.2.1 with multi-byte...with encode..
2. install ...
3. createdb -E EUC_TW mydatabase
4. psql mydatabase < dump_backup_from_my_old_database.txt

it return following error...

------------------------>8---------------------------
.
.
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
'student_pk' for table 'student'
CREATE
ERROR: copy: line 2, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xae65)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xb27a)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xaa4d)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xb371)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 2, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xbc42)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xa470)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xa656)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 3, Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xad50)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
CREATE
CREATE
.
.