Re: select * from mytable where myfield=null; - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: select * from mytable where myfield=null;
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
This isn't really a jdbc question and would probably better be addressed
to pgsql-general.  The behavior you are now seeing is ANSI Standard
behavior.  '= null' should always return false according to the
standard.  In 7.2 this non-standard behavior was fixed.  You will see
this behavior in all of the interfaces to postgres, not just jdbc.

There is a parameter in the postgresql.conf file that will revert back
to the old buggy behavior (transform_null_equals = true).

thanks,
--Barry