Re: troubleshooting pointers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: troubleshooting pointers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>>... I have not started RescanExprContext() yet, but will do it
>>when I address rescans in general.
>
>>I still have a couple of issues related to VIEWs that I need to figure
>>out, then I'll start the rescan work.
>
> It's not unlikely that those issues are exactly due to not having rescan
> handled properly.  What misbehavior are you seeing?

Hmm, that might just be it.

When I select from a view based on a function which returns a base type,
I only get the first row. When I select from a view which is based on a
function returning a composite type, it triggers an assertion. I've
traced the latter down to a slot pointer which is reset to NULL
somewhere. Haven't had the time to get much further. In both cases,
selecting from the function directly works great.

Thanks,

Joe