Re: Queries using rules show no rows modified? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Queries using rules show no rows modified?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> I'm using 7.2.1 on a Debian system.
>
> If I do an insert or update or delete on a table, postgres tells me
> how many rows were affected.
>
> Using the following input to psql, I got the results:
>
> INSERT 0 0
> UPDATE 0
> DELETE 0
>
> Is this expected?  The principle of least suprise suggests to me that
> regardless of the query being rewritten, there is some number of
> tuples being affected, and it would thus still be appropriate to
> return that number.

You are right. It's a bug introduced in 7.2.
Please check the thread [GENERAL]([HACKERS])
Using views and MS access via odbc.
If there's no objection, I would commit the patch
in the thread to both 7.2-stable and the current.

regards,
Hiroshi Inouehttp://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/