Re: clarification of timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: clarification of timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> My problem was that on my 7.1.3 db, I have timestamp columns with
> fonctinal indices as date(column).
> Thes indices (indexes) wont work anymore because they're not marked loosy.
> I've been told that I should go for timestamp without timezone instead,
> witch is okay because all timezones are the same. However, what happens
> with daylight saving calculations. Is it still take into account??

No, because there is no time zone to think about. What daylight savings
calculations would you need to consider? I'm a big believer in making
databases time zone aware, but if everything really is happening within
the same time zone then your application should probably not notice an
effect.
                  - Thomas