Re: Updateable result set - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Updateable result set
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Raghu,

In order for us to consider this patch we will need it submitted as a
context diff (i.e. diff -c format).  It would also be useful to provide
a description of what the patch does and how it works  (i.e. how do you
determine that the sql statement is a candidate for being updateable?
Have you implemented the full postgres sql grammer in java?  If not how
do you determine that 'select pk,a,b from foo' is OK, but that 'select
pk, bar(a), b from foo' and 'select pk,a,b from (select * from baz where
c = 1) as foo' are not.)

thanks,
--Barry