Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > > Well, 2 says roll back only after transaction aborts,
> >
> > Sorry for my poor understanding.
> > Isn't it 1 ?
>
> OK, original email attached. 1 rolls back all SETs in an aborted
> transaction.

> 2 ignores SETs after transaction aborts, but  SETs before
> the transaction aborted are honored.

Must I understand this from your previous posting
(2 says roll back only after transaction aborts,)
or original posting ? What I understood was 2 only
says that SET fails between a failure and the
subsequenct ROLLBACK call.

regards,
Hiroshi Inouehttp://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/