Re: Correctly quoting inside plpgsql functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From alberto bolchini
Subject Re: Correctly quoting inside plpgsql functions
Date
List pgsql-novice
Yup! thanks a lot Joshua, it works.
I've tried a few combinations of a number of qoutes, with an without the
quote_ident/quote_literal before writing to the list, but actually the
problem was that when I was correctly quoting, I misunderstood the error
I got upon FETCHing the rows:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"
it was not due to the incorrect quoting but to the incorrect FETCH I was
issueing:
jsg_2=# FETCH ALL IN "<unnamed cursor 1>";
instead of
jsg_2=# FETCH ALL IN "<unnamed cursor 1>";

Thanx.
a.