Re: taglib help - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dennis R. Gesker
Subject Re: taglib help
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Tony,

If this response is too far off the track for the JDBC mailing list, I
apologize in advance. I'm working on the same problem myself and I know
how fustrating it can be when you feel that you are just a few short
steps away from having a problem worked out but still can't find the one
bit of info you need to get all theway to the finish. I think I have
things most of the way figured out.

I ran into this problem trying to get the dbForms package to work with
tomcat inside of the netbeans ide. When I would try to compile my jsp
page that included tags from this package I would get the error that it
couldn't open taglibs as it couldn't find the tab libraries.

Put the dbforms.tld in your WEB-INF folder. Put the dbforms_v1_07.jar in
your WEB-INF/lib directory. This cleared up the problem for me. There is
a word document on the dbforms.org web site that has more information on
deploying a dbforms application. The information you need is in this
document. You can actually cut and paste sections of this document with
regard to the web.xml file which will get you going pretty quick. There
are also some additional jars that you may need to put into your
WEB_INB/libs directory that can be downloaded from the dbforms website.

I'm still having trouble as when I start tomcat inside of the netbeans
ide as  it complains about my logj4 properties as weel as some other
erros that I don't yet understand. If you have any clues on this I'd be
greatful.

Dennis

--
  _________