Re: help with bison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: help with bison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil,

Will this allow you to pass bytea data as binary data in the parameters
section (ability to bind values to parameters) or will this still
require that the data be passed as a text string that the parser needs
to parse.  When passing bytea data that is on the order of Megs in size
(thus the insert/update statement is multiple Megs in size) it takes a
lot of CPU cycles for the parser to chug through sql statements that
long.  (In fact a posting to the jdbc mail list in the last couple of
days shows that postgres is 22 times slower than oracle when handling a
1Meg value in a bytea column).

thanks,
--Barry