Re: What's the CURRENT schema ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser wrote:

> As most things in the SQL standard, you have to collect information
> from several places and add it together.
>
> Look at 4.20, 11.1 and specially at the rules for
> <schema qualified name>.
>
> Then think a little bit about scenarios, trying to apply the rules.
>
> It is a pain, but there is no other way.

I couldn't find the description CURRENT_SCHEMA == CURRENT_USER.
If I recognize SQL99 correctly, the CURRENT schema is the schema
defined in a <SQL-client module> not restricted to the CURRENT
user.

Well here's my proposal.
1) Use the different search path for table name and  others.
2) Allow only one schema other than temp or catalog in  the table name search path so that we can call it  the CURRENT
schema.

Comments ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue