[Fwd: AW: UB-Tree's and patents] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject [Fwd: AW: UB-Tree's and patents]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

For anyone who's interested in the patent status of UB-Tree's, here is
further info.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: AW: UB-Tree's and patents
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:41:10 +0200
From: "Rudolf Bayer" <bayer@in.tum.de>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin@postgresql.org>
CC: "Christian Roth" <roth@transaction.de>

the UB-tree has been patented in Europe (PCT) and the US,
both patents have been awarded.
the Patent application has been filed in Japan, but processing is not
compleatet yet.
A first commercial implementation is available in the productTransBase Hypercube fromTransAction SW GmbH
contact Dr. Roth ++49 89 62709 170
regards,
R. Bayer

Prof. Rudolf Bayer, Ph.D.             Phone:  ++49 89 48095 171
Institut fur Informatik            Fax:    ++49 89 48095 170
Technische Universitat Munchen     email:  bayer@in.tum.de
Orleansstr. 34                home:   http://www3.in.tum.de
81667 Munchen