Re: [Fwd: AW: UB-Tree's and patents] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: [Fwd: AW: UB-Tree's and patents]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> For anyone who's interested in the patent status of UB-Tree's, here is
> further info.
>
> :-)

I dont' understand that. Does it means someone has no rights to
implement the algorithm in any form ? Who has patented an idea of
relational databases ?  Donald Knuth in his "All Questions Answered"
said "... the word patent means "to make public"
Regards,
Oleg

> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83