Re: Dblink and ISDN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Dblink and ISDN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:
> Out of curiousity, what happens if the remove server is unavailable?

I tried it against a bogus IP, and this is what I got:

test=# select dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,0) as f1, dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,1)
as f2 from (select dblink('hostaddr=123.45.67.8
dbname=template1','select proname, prosrc from pg_proc WHERE proname
LIKE ''bytea%''') as dblink_p) as t1;
ERROR:  dblink: connection error: could not connect to server:
Connection timed out        Is the server running on host 123.45.67.8 and accepting        TCP/IP connections on port
5432?

test=#

dblink just uses libpq to make a client connection, and thus inherits
libpq's response.

Joe