Re: Dblink and ISDN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Dblink and ISDN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Darko Prenosil wrote:
> SAMPLE:
>
>  create view myremotetable as
>  select dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,0) as f1, dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,1) as f2
>  from (select dblink('hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=template1
> user=postgres password=postgres'
>                     ,'select proname, prosrc from pg_proc') as dblink_p)
> as t1;
>

> select f1, f2 from myremotetable where f1 like 'bytea%';

You could write the query directly instead of using a view, i.e.

select dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,0) as f1, dblink_tok(t1.dblink_p,1) as f2
from (select dblink('hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=template1
user=postgres password=postgres','select proname, prosrc from pg_proc')
as dblink_p WHERE proname LIKE 'bytea%') as t1;

> Is it possible to write a rule that uses the current SQL expression and
> sends this expression to the remote database ?
>
> In this case only wanted data would be send through the network.

I'm not experienced in using PostgreSQL rules, but I don't see a way to
access the current SQL expression. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable
will chime in here.

Joe