Re: Select data from a postgress datasource] - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Grant Edwards
Subject Re: Select data from a postgress datasource]
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Please ignore my last email
Hi,

For most of you this should be pretty easy, for me it just plain fustrating.

I have a db lets say called xxx owned by user postgres. As user postgres
i created a user called gedwards. If i connect to the db xxx as gedwards
via a data access tool, in this case Squirrel, i am able to select my
data. Trying to get hold of the data via a datasource is another story,
see below :

[Default] JBoss 2.4.3 Started in 0m:15s
[Default] inside GetDataEJB
[PostgresDB] Resource 'org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAResourceImpl@6d8196' enlisted for
'org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@742ad0'.
[PostgresDB] Pool PostgresDB [1/1/10] gave out pooled object: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@742ad0
[Default] java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Relation 'hierarchy' does not exist
[Default]     at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Unknown Source)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Unknown Source)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.PreparedStatementInPool.executeQuery(PreparedStatementInPool.java:71)
[Default]
[Default]     at ejbTest.GetDataEJB.selectData(GetDataEJB.java:46)
[Default]
[Default]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[Default]
[Default]     at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:543)
[Default]
[Default]     at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:87)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeNext(TxInterceptorCMT.java:133)
[Default]
[Default]     at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:307)