Re: psql and password - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rudi Starcevic
Subject Re: psql and password
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions,

I ended up using Perl and DBI.
First I create a new database,
then create a new user,
then change owership of the database to the new user,
then create and entry for Apache's htpasswd facility.

Then the new user logs into the new database with there new htpasswd
account via phpPgAdmin.
Thanks again.
For those interested here's my script.

Cheers
Rudi.

Script :
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use DBI;

$DBH = DBI ->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=oasis;host=moon","postgres","rudi2000");

foreach $_ (@ARGV)
{   # get name and pwd   @data = split(/:/,$_);   $thisname = $data[0];   $thispwd  = $data[1];     # create a new user
 $sql = $DBH->prepare("CREATE USER $thisname WITH PASSWORD '$thispwd'

NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;");   $sql->execute();
   # create a new database   $sql = $DBH->prepare("CREATE DATABASE $thisname WITH
TEMPLATE=template0;");   $sql->execute();
   # change database ownership   $sql = $DBH->prepare("UPDATE pg_database SET datdba = (SELECT
usesysid FROM pg_shadow WHERE usename = '$thisname') WHERE datname =
'$thisname';");   $sql->execute();     # create htpaswd account   system("/usr/local/apache/bin/htpasswd -b
/home/realmz/phpPgAdmin

$thisname $thispwd >> /root/scripts/htpasswd_log.txt 2>&1");
}

$DBH->disconnect;