Re: Performance in subconsult - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Performance in subconsult
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Sonia,

Have you tuned the PostgreSQL memory configuration, or is it still at
it's defaults?

The default memory allocation is really, really, really small, and is
only that way just in case someone loads PostgreSQL onto a server with
almost no memory (like 32MB or something).

The memory configuration is controlled by the postgresql.conf
configuration file, and I think you'll find Bruce Momjian's guide on
PostgreSQL tuning to be very useful :

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Sonia Sanchez Diaz wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I have the next query:
>
> psql# select * from table1 t1 where not exists (select * from table2 t2
> where t2.id = t1.id);
>
> The execution of this uses more than 90% of my CPU performance and the
> answer is slow...
>
> Is there any wrong on my query?
>
> Thanks for the posible answers.

>         Direccion General de Servicios de Computo Academico
>                         Productos Interactivos
> Sonia Sanchez Diaz
> e-mail: sonny@piaget.dgsca.unam.mx
> tel: (5)6-22-81-13